Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Stamps!

So, I had to cheat on SU for a bit. After I attended Michelle Zindorf's workshops I just had to buy more ISC stamps! How can I not support a single mom who makes stamps in her living room? Besides, they are awesome stamps! Here is what they looked like when I got them.

Michelle gave us a nice tip for unmounted stamps. Aleene's Tack It Over and Over glue! Just put a thin layer on the back of your cut out image and let it dry. Michelle says that you can get 50 uses out of one application. A little goes a long way too! However, after I got them all cut out and glued I had a conundrum. How should I store them? They didn't come with any storage options. Just a printed image that was on copy paper. Are you ready for my brainwave? Lookie:


I laminated the printed image sheet! So now my stamps are stored on the image sheet itself and they fit perfectly in my stamp expandable file. I love it when a plan comes together. Smiley from millan.net

Until next time-Happy Stamping!

~A

2 comments:

Marla said...

The laminated sheet is a great idea! But I have trouble keeping the glue on the stamp. It seems to peel off when I take it off the acrylic block. Does your glue come off?

Angji said...

Hi Marla,

I haven't noticed any glue coming off yet. However I've only had my stamps about a month. Michelle Zindorf swears by Aleene's Tack it Over and Over and has used it for quite a while now. I'm going by her endorsement at the moment. Is this the glue you are using or are you using something else? I've also used Tack 'n Peel and have been pleased with it as well. I just chose a block and cut the material to fit one side and leave the cling on until I want to use it. I hope this helped.

~A

« Home | Next »