Thursday, January 29, 2009
Isn't it pretty? Look what my good friend Christy gave me. She got this award from Mandee and her blog is here. Christy is so sweet! Now I get to pass this award to other bloggers who inspire me. Here are the rules of this award.
The Lemonade Award is given by a previous winner to 5 people who have shown a great attitude or gratitude this week. Isn't this a nice way to show other bloggers how much you appreciate their work! So here's what you need to do now.
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 5 blogs, which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude! Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
3. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
4. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Here are my nominees...guess I can't nominate Christy again but I would if I could!
1. I would be remiss if I didn't give my long time friend Bethany this award. She is the person to blame for my papercraft obsession! Love ya girl!
2. My SU! upline, Dawn Griffith. Her fabulous blog can be found here.
3. Dannie Graves always makes the nicest cards. I can always pick her cards out of any gallery!
4. Amazing certainly describes Becca Feeken's work!
5. If you haven't seen a Zindorf brayer card then you are truly missing out my friend!
Friday, January 16, 2009
**Edited on 1/29/09 to add**
Thank you to all you lovely readers and friends for giving me suggestions for this card. I will play around with it and post what I decided to do. Again, thank you for taking the time to think about and comment on my request. Much appreciated!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Hi everyone! A few cards to share today. Not sure why my camera date stamp says 2012...just noticed that. Sigh. Anyway, I went to my friend Jill's Creative College yesterday and got to play. She had a card kit for five blue jean themed thank you cards which I made first and then the St. Paddy's day and Have I told you cards I made afterwards. I'm pretty pleased, I was able to make 35 cards that day for our troops. Only 65 more to go!
Friday, January 9, 2009
A few pictures of the 40 cards I made for our troops over the past couple of days. I'm really making an effort to use my stash before I buy more Stampin' Up supplies. It's really hard to resist but the new catalog is coming out on the 19th and I need to make room in my craft room! One of the interesting things I discovered while making these cards was that I am now spoiled from using my SU! products the last couple of months. There is no guess work in matching colors and patterns, or ink and stamps or embellies. I could have made twice as many cards but I had to spend SO much time looking for matching paper and CS. It was a royal pain! All the more incentive to use my stash! Now I have to make 100 "spring" cards for our troops, ie St. Patricks Day, Easter. All the more stash I get to use and all the more new SU products I get to buy and all the more cards our soldiers get to send home. See, it's all good for everyone. LOL
Thursday, January 8, 2009
I so can not believe that my little brother is turning 30 on Friday! Not that I'm so very old myself, 31. But still, my *little* brother. Ok I'm done...on to the card.
Again, I just had to use Mr. Crabby Pants or as my father says "Mr. Damp Pants"...he's so weird. Pulled out the bright and happy Rainbow Sherbert DSP and went to work. I'm pretty pleased even if I do feel a little bit old...LOL